- James Kibbie - Bach Organ Works
- Bach’s Chorale Preludes for Organ
- Chorale Preludes in Score
- Ton Koopman Performance of BWV 659
- Ensemble Contraste
- Jean-Luc Ho Website
- Bach Sonatas, Chorales, and Trios
BWV 659, written for organ, sets a well-liked piece by Bach, Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland within a construction of a melody with accompaniment. The piece can be traced back to Martin Luther, and before that, to Gregorian chant. It’s a particularly beautiful setting here, and in this podcast, we explore some “arrangements” which I think are very notable for their sonority, richness, and sensitivity.